10 Ideas for Your October Email Campaigns
Oct 03, 2018
The holidays are a great time to stay top-of-mind with your audience. Which means it is time to get creative with your marketing ideas and have a little fun.
Here are 10 ideas for spooky-good email campaigns:
- Take a picture of your team in costume and simply wish a happy Halloween. At the bottom of the emails give some type of update about your business or team. For example: “By the way, we are gearing up for a big sale on November 3, stay tuned.” Or add a coupon.
- Send a list of the best places to trick or treat in your area or list of local Halloween events
- If you sell Halloween products, do a 2-day spook-tacular flash sale 2 weeks before Halloween
- Have people vote on the best costume or pumpkin carved: show pictures of the costumes or pumpkins, add a quick poll and ask them to vote on the best one. Subject line: “We need your help to pick the winner of our staff pumpkin carving contest.” At the bottom, include a coupon for participating.
- If you have a physical location, Invite your customers to stop by for tricks, treats and a very scary good deal
- October is “Adopt a shelter dog” month - help promote a local rescue with a picture of a dog in a Halloween costume. Tell them why your business supports the cause.
- October is National Diabetes Month: List places that you can turn in your trick or treat candy
- October 29 is national Frankenstein Day: Share pictures of Frankenstein in your place of business interacting with customers and staff.
- Have a contest. Take a picture of a jar full of candy corn, ask people to guess the number in the jar (direct them to a form where they enter their name, email and their guess). The person closest wins something really good. Announce the winner in a second email and then give everyone a discount available for a limited time. example: “congratulations to our candy corn winner, _________. He/she won a ________.” Everyone who participated gets 25% off of ______ coupon.
- Feature one of you team members with a quick interview about how they celebrate Halloween and include other fun “get to know them” details. Add a fun picture.
NOTE: Don’t forget the Halloween emoji in the subject line 👻 🎃